Now that I’m 39 weeks pregnant and will be going into labour any day soon I thought it would be a good idea to pack my hospital bag (yep, it should have been packed many weeks ago) but I it was something that was half packed and needed a few final bits before I could say that the bag is now packed and ready to go.
Personally, I think hospital bags should be packed according to your needs but some things should be common in each bag as they will definitely be needed. I love creating lists and then mini lists under those lists etc, so I thought it would be a good idea to create two lists – one for the baby and one for mama. Also, I’m not sure how common this is but my husband had a bag packed for himself too which was full of snacks!
Remember to pack your hospital notes and have your car seat installed in the car before leaving.
– 3/4 newborn vests and sleep suits
– 2 newborn hats, booties and scratch mittens
– Newborn nappies and cotton wool – midwives recommend cleaning the babies bottom with cotton wool and warm water for the first few days instead of wipes
– Baby blanket
– Muslin cloths and bibs
– 2/3 loose shirts for labour/nursing
– 2/3 pairs of maternity leggings and pair of slippers
– 2/3 comfy supportive bras – nursing bras and breast pads if you’re planning on breastfeeding
– pack of sanitary pads
– Toiletries bag – for toothbrush, toothpaste, cleanser, hairbrush, hair ties, deodorant, moisturiser etc.
– Phone charger – for taking lovely photos of the baby
– Going home outfit – nothing special, just packed a t shirt and leggings
– and lots of high energy snacks!
Do let me know in the comments what you packed in your hospital bag or would recommend packing?